- Autumn 2 Spelling List
- Back to the stone age topic overview 2023
- Curriculum Presentation
- ks2 reading vipers
- Year 3 and 4 statutory spelling list
- year 3 autumn 2 home learning grid
- Year 3 Meet the teacher 2023-24
Welcome to Year 3
Dolphins Class-Miss Smith & Seahorses Class-Mrs Ali
Autumn 2, 2023
Happy Autumn Term
Welcome back from half term, year 3! We hope you had a wonderful, restful half term.
On this page you will find:
- Topic grid for Autumn 2 - 'Back to the Stone Age!'
- The home-learning grid for Autumn 2
- Spellings list for Autumn 2
- Maths Resources and Reading Lists to support learning at home.
This Autumn term we continue with our topic of ‘Back to the Stone Age’ – an exciting historical delve into pre-history. We will be reading lots of fantastic texts relating to this topic and using these to help us write adventure stories and instruction texts. In Maths, we will be learning multiplication and division looking at our 3, 4 and 8 times tables. Our topic this term in Geography is volcanoes and mountains. In RE, we will explore the questions ‘Is light a good symbol of celebration?’. Our PSHCE topics will include taking a look at our health and well-being and what citizenship means.
- Home Folders – these will go home and need to come back into school every day, including their Reading Record
- Home Learning should be uploaded to Seesaw if you wish to share it with your teacher and class
- Spelling books should come into school ready for Friday spelling tests
- Allergy information will be displayed on the door to the playground
-Log in information will be available, stuck in your child’s Reading Record, soon
- No bags larger than book bags please. Bags take up a lot of space and are usually empty. Packed lunch boxes and water bottles are removed from bags on entry to school, a book bag is large enough to contain the items needed to travel to and from the classroom.
- Please ensure your child’s clothing is named.
PE days –
Autumn 1:Monday & Tuesday
Autumn 2:Monday & Wednesday
Spring 1:Monday & Tuesday
Spring 2:Monday & Wednesday
Summer 1:Monday (Swimming) & Tuesday
Summer 2:Monday (Swimming ) & Wednesday
Please make sure your child arrives into school already dressed wearing their Warfield PE kit on these days
Trips and visits:
Will update soon.
Stone Age Day: 1st December
Mrs Ali, Miss Smith, Mrs Gheorghe, Mrs Maine & Mrs Paton